Symptoms Of Mold Exposure
Exposure to toxic mold can cause a wide range of symptoms and health problems. In many cases, mold may not be immediately apparent as the source of the problem. It is often the hidden mold that is unseen in wall cavities behind walls that is the most damaging to health. Symptoms may intensify over long periods of exposure, prompting further investigation that reveals a significant mold problem that may be complicated to assess and remediate.
Toxic mold can impact the entire body, causing upper and lower respiratory problems, skin reactions and even neurological symptoms. Symptoms of mold exposure can include:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses)
- Rhinitis (runny nose and sneezing)
- New allergy development
- Exacerbation of previously existing allergies
- New-onset asthma
- Worsening of previously diagnosed asthma
- Eye problems, including blurry vision, eye redness, watery eyes and itchy eyes
- Skin problems such as rash, irritation, lesions or infections
- Digestive problems, including acid reflux and nausea
- Musculoskeletal problems, including aches and pains and weakness
- Neurological problems ranging from headaches and fatigue to memory loss, confusion, loss of concentration, seizures, multiple chemical sensitivity and cognitive impairment
In severe cases, or in immunocompromised individuals, mold exposure can lead to significant, long-term health problems or even death.
Potential exposure to toxic mold should always be taken seriously. If you know or suspect that you are suffering ill health effects as a result of toxic mold exposure, it is important to take swift action in consultation with your physician.
Experienced Toxic Mold Attorneys In Massachusetts
Exposure gives rise to important legal issues. Whether the exposure occurs in your home or in the workplace, it is important to understand your legal options.
At The Law Offices of John S. Wessler, we have extensive experience protecting the rights of tenants, homeowners, condominium owners and workers who have been exposed to toxic mold. Our attorneys have devoted their entire careers — nearly 60 years of combined experience — almost exclusively to this area. We not only possess in-depth knowledge of the legal intricacies surrounding toxic mold exposure, but we also remain knowledgeable as to the latest scientific and medical research impacting this field.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation | Handling Cases Nationwide
To learn more about your rights and options, contact us at 978-689-3806. From our office in South Lawrence, Massachusetts, our lawyers handle cases statewide. We also take cases across the country with the help of local counsel.